tisdag 24 september 2013

Big bones diet - smakprov

Nu finns antologin "Bones"  på Amazon, där jag har med novellen "The big bones diet". Jag har köpt två ex.

Så här ser en del av the table of content ut (boken består av 248 sidor noveller):


Här är ett litet smakprov från "The big bones diet":

It was when I remembered it. Mom's line.
She was the only one who always stood up for me when everyone else was bullying me. Then she would say:
"He has big bones!"
It was always the bones. My big bones. Of course!
If I hadn't had big bones, everything would’ve been fine! Then I wouldn’t have been so plump and repulsive. Then I would’ve had a girlfriend and a good life.
First it was a bitter assessment: I had a cross and I was doomed to lug it down the rocky road of life until the day I died (probably of failing heart or some other fat-related cause). My problem was something that could not be fixed.  An Impossibility.
But then, a few days later, when I was standing at the operating table working on a woman’s nerves that were attached to her ulna, I suddenly realized it was not an impossibility. I looked into the woman's laid open arm and realized that I certainly could - and would - do it.
That evening I was exhilarated like a child. But there was so much that needed to be planned for it to work. Besides being my most difficult operation, the circumstances during and afterwards would require meticulous planning.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar